Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Stampin Royalty challenge #108


This week at Stampin' Royalty we have a Picture Inspiration Challenge.
Here's the photo.


And here's my take on the card. 
I decided to pull the filigree silver from the birdcage in the background.































I'm really happy with how this card turned out.  First I punched out the doily of the new  Paper Doily sizzlits die.  I cut it out of simple white photocopier paper because I'd heard alot about difficulty punching out the parts of this die.  Anyway, I used regular white paper and then painted it with the Silver Shimmer paint.  It dried really quickly and looks fabulous.


The sentiment comes from the new Occasions Mini.  It's called "Loving Thoughts".


I distressed the blue paper with a lot of rubbing and bending. Then I sprayed it with water and rubbed it again.  Then I let is dry thouroughly.  After all of that I sponged the edges with the Blue Azure form the Distressing Kit.  Next I stamped the image from the new saleabration set "Fresh Vintage" in the Tea stain ink.  I stamped it and then stamped it off.  This gives a nice variation of colour. 

1 comment:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Very pretty card! I haven't had any issues with my die...with DSP, card stock OR glitter paper! It's a fabby new tool.